Sunday, April 8, 2012

Refrigerator #2

I posted earlier about the refrigerator we bought from Craigslist. Tim and I were both a bit hesitant about buying it and we should have went with our gut feeling.

When we plugged it in nothing happened! We tried to call the seller and he told us a couple of things to try. Still nothing. Had a repairman out who got it running for a few seconds and said it needed a new power supply board. Told me where to order, the part # and how to replace it. Did all that and sure enough it came on so we let it run for a day then checked it but it wasn't cooling. Tried to adjust te temperature and now it acts like the power supply is bad again. I downloaded the complete repair manual and diagnostics and I think we can get it running and re-sell it (on Craigslist).

In the meantime I found this Viking on Craigslist. Tim went to look at it and it was still in the sellers house and working fine.

These things are heavy beasts to move so Tim has been getting a real workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment